THE CHOIR AND ORGAN AT ST MARTIN'S
The Director of Music/Organist is in charge of the choir of males and females – all ages and musical abilities. This choir leads the singing at St Martin’s for choral services and weddings, on request, and has the luxury of being accompanied by the best parish organ around.
Originally built by Nicholson of Worcester in 1928, the organ has been converted from a pneumatic to electro-pneumatic system. It also incorporates a new Taylor piston-capture system of the latest design. The organ was re-built by Trevor Tipple (Director of Music/Choirmaster, 1966–2019) and is considered to be an outstanding example of its type. It is not only used for church services but also for recitals and concerts.
MUSIC AT ST MARTIN'S
The fine acoustics of our church, along with comfortable seating (for up to 300), excellent facilities, and a superb organ, make St Martin's a popular venue for concerts.
Alongside occasional events promoted by St Martin's, the church is available for hire by outside promoters and all events can be advertised in the Parish Magazine and the Music at St Martin's seasonal brochures.